Friday, July 30, 2010

Has anyone had a sure cure for a fungal nail infection,and what was the product?

There are 2 ways to treat these, topical with Loceryl laquer, this takes at least 3 months to treat finger nails and at least 6 to treat toe nails as they grow so slowly.





Oral antifungals such as Lamasil are, it must be admitted slightly quicker, but tend to be more toxic.Has anyone had a sure cure for a fungal nail infection,and what was the product?
This will sound gross and I am sorry but if its your feet, pee on them in the shower. The acid in your urine will kill the bacteria.


Also I have a friend who had it bad but started soaking his feet in Apple Cider Vinegar for thirty minutes a day diluted with water-it smells bad but it kills the bacteria and it will make your feet not stink-this also works for hands.Has anyone had a sure cure for a fungal nail infection,and what was the product?
I asked my Doctor the same question, and he told me that the medications that they make for this are highly toxic, and he wouldn't prescribe them to me. I have found a home remedy, though, that seems to work well, all you need is Vick's vapor rub. Just apply this on the affected nail twice a day. I am not 100% sure that this will kill the fungus, but it gets rid of the yellow!
Radio 4 had a program on this topic a while ago and it was suggested by a doctor that using a antibacterial washing up liquid as a foot wash twice a day is a cheap easy way to cure and prevent fungal/bacterial infections - i haven't tried it so can't comment
there is a product called curanail which you paint on the nail - but you have to use it daily for about 6 months and costs about 拢20


The doctor can also presecribe something but I cannot remember what it is called.
You can get tablets on prescription from your doctor!
Lamisil tablets, only availalbe on prescription but take about 6 months to work. only sure cure.
I used a laquer that contains Amorolfine in it but it took about a year to completely clear
The best way I found was to go to the doctor and get a course of tablets for it.
No
  • make up brushes
  • coupons
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment