Friday, July 30, 2010

Has anyone tried Petipaw (dog nail filer)? Is it a good product?

I always have trouble cutting my dogs nails and am thinking about buying it.Has anyone tried Petipaw (dog nail filer)? Is it a good product?
Buy yourself a cordless dremel instead, they are a LOT sturdier. I got one like the one in the below link at Wally-world this past fall and it's worked great:


http://www.amazon.com/Dremel-750-02-Mini鈥?/a>





Use this page as a guide for how to grind your dogs nails instead of clipping them: http://homepages.udayton.edu/~merensjp/d鈥?/a>





Good Luck!Has anyone tried Petipaw (dog nail filer)? Is it a good product?
I have a dremel and have introduced it to my dogs slowly and they will now both allow me to do their nails every week.


http://www.dremelstore.us/dr76petnagrk.h鈥?/a>





There is also a good guide on how to use and how to introduce it:


http://www.dremel.com/en-us/customerserv鈥?/a>





Another guid to clipping nails with a guillotine type cutter:


http://www.vetmed.wsu.edu/ClientED/dog_n鈥?/a>





If you introduce it slowly and begin by just rubbing the dogs feet and getting them used to that you should have less problems.





You need to be strong and not give in if your dog is naughty and doesn't want it done. If you give in, they win and they will always be naughty as they know it will end soon if the do muck up!





Only do a nail or two at a time and give them praise and a treat when they behave well..





Hopefully it won't take long to get them used to the idea, when they do make sure you do it regularly so they don't forget and get used to it.
My grandma's little dog was deathly afraid of it. She gave it to me for me to try on my beagle, but I don't think she will like it either. She Won't even let me bring normal dog nail clippers near her. I have to use human toe-nail clippers and do a little at a time.
its a good product probably if your dog sits still.. my dog HATES even having her paws touched, let alone something cutting her nails.. the only issue you would have is with the dog and not the product.. so it depends on your dog and his/her ability to sit still
not that brand but my dog hates getting his nails filled . but if u hate clipping his nails the vet should do it for you ( my vet charges 4 bucks )
its just a gimmicked up dremel - skip it and buy the dremel


SOME dogs are better with a dremel, some are worse
I can not get my dog to sit still for it..she is afraid of the noise!

No comments:

Post a Comment