Sunday, August 22, 2010

How can I get hired at a salon to do nails when it takes me 3 hours to do a fill? My finished product is good

I get tons of compliments on my nails but it takes me a long time to do them. No client is going to be patient enough and I don't know if a salon will be either. How can I increase my speed so that I can do it for a living? I already have my license but I am doing something else right now. What do you think?How can I get hired at a salon to do nails when it takes me 3 hours to do a fill? My finished product is good
practice makes perfect so keep practicing and the speed will come practice on family and friends!





when i go to get my nails done i look for quality not speed but thats my opinon!





keep practicing try to do nails by going fast and see how they look!





GOOD LUCK!How can I get hired at a salon to do nails when it takes me 3 hours to do a fill? My finished product is good
are you doing your own fills? if you are then it should be quicker when doing other people. but practicing should make you be able to do it quicker.
I wouldn't want to sit that long for nails, but I do love a great job!! Maybe with just a little more practice??





Good luck!!
Tammy Taylor has a paper that you can practice doing nails on. I put in inside a sheet protector, and re-use it to get better doing nails. The more you practice, the better they'll look. You need to be less anal about it (if you are anal and that's why you're slow-like me, lol) and get the acrylic laid down smoothly and evenly so you have less filing to do. Experiment with different acrylics that dry faster so you can learn to manipulate the acrylic quickly. However, practice makes perfect and if you're practicing daily, you'll get it down. Also, I HATED using the fake fingers and could never do good on them, so I loved the sheet of paper with the nail shape you just lay the acrylic over it for practice. I'm sure you can find something similar if you don't want to get one through Tammy Taylor (www.TammyTaylorNails.com). Practice on anyone who will let you practice on them, and time yourself. You'll get your time down quickly if you're practicing. Don't stress about it, enjoy it! Good Luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment