Tuesday, August 24, 2010

What is a good product to stop kids from biting their nails?

try the product called control it. It is a cream that is painted onto the nail that has a very nasty taste to it.What is a good product to stop kids from biting their nails?
theres clear nail polish that tastes like shat.What is a good product to stop kids from biting their nails?
lemon juice will usually slow them down.
There's a product that I think is called hot nails. If they bite it it's pretty hot.
daves insanity sauce
If you go into a pharmacy they should have many different products. Most of them are just going to make their fingers taste bad, and most likley won't wash off easily. I still have a problem chewing on my nails. I pick at them too, I have done it on and off all my life. If there is a specific reason that the child is doing it like stress or they are bored then if you address that problem it may help. Also give them something else to do with their fingers during these times. Something to wear around their wrist maybe. Sometimes they won't know they are doing it, so don't be too harsh on them.
There is a clear polish product called ';NoBite';. Its clear, but when fingers are put in the mouth its taste is disgusting.... I ave the nail-biting problem, so I get acrylics so I can't bite 'em ;-). NoBite works. Try it. (also, if you can't afford it, have your kids try scratching garlic... it's potent and lasts a while.... they may not like putting their fingers in their mouth.)
A belt?


ha, jk.


maybe
My father's belt. Made you take your bad habits into places where he couldn't find you! (I hope he knows that his methods were ineffective and made me rebel lol).
hehehe, most kids? vineger! or make them wear gloves everywhere... that's what my mom did to me! it's superembarressing, kids will stop fast!
tabasco, and clear nail polish that is so bitter and if you bite your nail it taste bitter for ever!
Gloves? Handcuffs? OK, just kidding.





My grandmother used to use tabasco sauce. You can buy a nail-polish-like product. I think it is called No-Bite. Ask your pharmacist.
Lie





Tell them that if they bite their finger that their fingers will fall off and eat them in their sleep.





Or some thing less frightening.





Also you could put something that tastes bad on their fingers.
AN axe!
Dip their fingers in Castor Oil.
Don't know never did stop the habit. Could send them for guitar lessons. There are many free ones on web. See my yahoo 360 page
Uhh, discipline? There not dogs, you can't buy something to stop them...
Braces, but they are expensive you can cut their hands of or prevent them from moving their hands by taping them.
just put lemon juice on their nails and once they start to bite it, it will taste awfully sour
Cut their fingers off.
Keep your kids busy with doing some kind of activities. Those bad habits tend to develop when they have nothing to do.
Take away their toilet paper
a nasty tasting nail polish and not clear a color like blue
mule crap!...
A hug and a kiss and asking them what's wrong, then listening to their answer.





Give them peace and they won't be nervous.





cheers.
put a bad tasting spray on there nails
Clear nail polish! terrible tasting, and if you have boys they will not want to wear nail polish!
there is special nail polish you can buy that is used to get people to stop biting their nails im not sure what it is called but my friends used it before.
I was a nail biter myself and I promise you nothing you buy will stop a child from nailbiting. It is a sign of stress...reduce the childs stress levels and talk to him/her about what kind of things lead to the nailbiting. Recognizing the triggers and trying to eliminate the stress can help considerably. Myself, I couldn't stop until I was an adult and had to get dentures...
nail polish! make them look sooooo pretty, they wont wanna eat it!! also, it tastes nasty!
tape and a good beating lol

No comments:

Post a Comment