Sunday, August 22, 2010

What products do you use to care for your nails/fingers?

My nails are a little uneven on the surface (so when I run my nail across them, i can feel it go up and down) and are a little dried out. My cuticles are also a bit dry, and the parts around the edges of the nail (near the tip of the finger) are dried.





What kind of products do you use at home to treat your nails? Such as files, buffers, lotions, etc. Are there any good affordable kits that you have used that you have liked? I need something to softly file the nails, to smooth the nail surfaces, to soften the cuticle and overall skin near the nails.





I also have callouses on my left hand from guitar, so I don't want anything that will soften those up too much.





Thanks :)What products do you use to care for your nails/fingers?
try not to use nail polish, that stuff will dry out your nails and take the luster out of them if you're really concerned..





i really like the 4-way buffer they have at like.. Sally's beauty supply, or probably any salon shop at that matter. it's a pretty inexpensive file/buffer that really smooths out those ridges on your nails (in fact one of the steps is.. ';smooth out ridges'; haha) it's less than 5 bucks and it works well in my opinion.





normal lotion should be fine. i'm a gymnast so the callouses on my palms are pretty precious too. don't use the ';hand repair'; stuff or deep overnight moisturizing lotions because that'll leave your hands feeling oilyWhat products do you use to care for your nails/fingers?
You can get a nile file and file them to a nice shape and a good size. But before you do that put some hand cream on so the nails are a bit easier to file down and your hands feel soft!





Then buff them so they are soft and shiney!





Now use a cuticle stick and push your cuticles down. Now put on some cuticle oil so your cuticles are not all dry.





good luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment